Justin Bieber Waiting On Basketball Film Script, Mark Wahlberg Says

'I want to send it to them once it's perfect,' Wahlberg tells MTV News about long-in-the-works project.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Justin Bieber
Photo: Frazer Harrison/ Getty Images

Justin Bieber might be ready to start "hooping" for his long-in-the-works basketball film with Mark Wahlberg, but the movie star explains that no one will get on set until the script is just right.

"The Bieber movie? I saw 115 pages," Wahlberg explained to MTV News last weekend. "Just waiting — I want to send it to them once it's perfect."

It seems that Bieber's team is also waiting for the script to be finalized. "I sent [Bieber's manager] Scooter [Braun] a text ... The last time I talked to him, I said, 'Hey, I need Justin to do me a favor.' He goes, 'Not without the script.' So, it's a process. Cutting those albums and doing those videos is easy, building a movie career is a difficult thing."

Wahlberg previously told us the film would be in the vein of the Martin Scorsese-directed "The Color of Money," starring Tom Cruise and Paul Newman, with Bieber playing the rookie to Wahlberg's mentor character. And pool, in this case, has been replaced with basketball. Little else is known about the plot.

"I'm still working on this movie with Mark Wahlberg," Bieber told us in May. "I don't know what the deal is. Turns out they're rewriting the script or something, trying to make it fit better and stuff.

"It's really cool," he added. "Hopefully, I'll be able to do that as well soon. So, I'll be hooping, I got to get back in the gym. I haven't played basketball in a while. I did a little charity basketball game at Shaq's house for Pencils of Promise. We did a little charity basketball game, and I won."

Before Bieber begins his acting career, he has lots of music-related business to handle. He will release his highly anticipated new album, Believe, on June 19 and will embark on a sold-out tour this fall.

Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/uj2fBDwQtik/justin-bieber-basketball-movie-mark-wahlberg.jhtml

Aki Kaurismäki Aki Tomosaki Akira Fubuki Akira Kurosawa

Blog Archive